Please read our Personal Information Collection Statement ("PICS") carefully before proceeding.
This PICS sets out the policies of Po Tak Construction Co. Limited ("Po Tak") and your rights as data subject in relation to the personal data held by Po Tak.
Compliance with Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) ("PD(P)O")
Po Tak will comply with the requirements of the PD(P)O.
Purposes for Collection of Personal Data
Po Tak will collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- for responding to your enquiry and communication;
- for consideration of your work experience and suitability for the job vacancies within the Po Tak Group as advertised on its website: www.potak.com.hk;
- for forming part of job candidates data base necessary for the operation carried on by the Human Resources Department of Po Tak;
- for observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which Po Tak is subject; and/or
- for any other purposes related to and/or in connection with and/or for the furtherance of any of the above purposes.
Collection and Scope of Personal Data
The personal data collected by Po Tak includes:
- Identity Card No/Passport No and copy;
- Telephone and fax numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Work experience;
- Education background; and/or
- Professional qualification.
All personal data will be collected on a voluntary, open and fair basis. Whilst you are entitled to refuse to provide or withhold the disclosure or provision of any of the aforesaid personal data, incomplete disclosure may prevent Po Tak from conducting a complete assessment of your suitability for a particular position or shortlisting you for an interview or from assisting you in your enquiry or communication.
Accuracy of Personal Data
Po Tak will take all practicable steps to ensure that the personal data so collected are accurate. However, your efforts to provide accurate personal data in your resume or enquiry or communication (if applicable) and thereafter to update Po Tak of any change in your personal data will be appreciated.
Right of Access and Correction
You as a data subject have the right to know (i) the PICS of Po Tak, (ii) whether Po Tak holds any of your personal data; and (iii) the extent of the personal data being held by Po Tak. You also have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data held by Po Tak at any time. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants for any positions within the Po Tak Group will be destroyed by Po Tak after 6 months from the respective dates of rejection of their applications. The unsuccessful applicants may request the destruction of their personal data if they do not wish them to be used for future recruitment purposes.
Security and Storage of Personal Data
All personal data are stored in a secure place and/or system to the extent that any unauthorized access is strictly prohibited.
Transfer and Disclosure
Unless you shall have notified Po Tak to the contrary, your personal data will be transferred and/or disclosed to:
- Employees and officers of Po Tak; and/or
- partners or affiliated, associated or subsidiary companies of Po Tak in the event of a job vacancy which is commensurate with your work experience and qualification.
If you have any question regarding the personal data privacy issue or policy, you may contact the Human Resource Department at Unit 3, 20th Floor, Win Century Centre, No. 2A Mong kok Road, Mong Kok, Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and only be used for consideration of your application for the relevant post within the Company. Applications who are not invited for an interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.